The concept of knee replacement cost in India and surgeries have become very common all around the world. It acts as a permanent solution to prolonged knee illnesses and pain. The success rate for this kind of surgery is almost 100% and thus attracts many people to undertaking this surgery and getting a permanent solution to their knee joint disorder and pain.
The reason for undergoing this surgery can be varied. Age is one of the factors, but the major reason is the excessive wear and tear of the knee joint due to any reason. Though the illness is common in older people, teenagers, as well as adults, can also undergo this surgery depending upon the degree of wear and tear of their knee joints and the extent of their disability as described by the Doctor. Doctorsinindia.in offers the best and affordable knee replacement cost in India.
What Is Knee Replacement?
Knee replacement, also known as Arthroplasty, is a complex surgical procedure that is done to replace the damaged or disabled knee joints with artificial knee joints made of metal and plastic. The reason for the disability and damage of the knee is commonly due to illnesses such as Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, trauma, etc. This surgery is usually advised when no other treatment seems to contain the pain in the knees, and there is continuous stiffness of the joint with difficulty in performing daily activities, also if the knee joints are swollen and do not let you even sit or stand properly, chronic knee deformity and depression.
Different Types Of Knee Replacement Surgeries:
- Total knee replacement.
- Unicompartmental partial knee replacement.
- Knee cap replacement or patellofemoral Arthroplasty.
- The revision or complex knee replacement.
Why Do People Go For The Knee Replacement Surgery?
If you are wondering why people go for knee replacement surgery in India, then you are not the only one who’s racing your mind to get the answers. Let us tell you! Arthroplasty, the medical name of the knee replacement procedure is performed to repair the damage that is caused to the knee joints. The damage is triggered by Osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis, which are the two most common and severe forms of arthritis.
In simple words, if you are someone who’s having trouble walking straight, climbing stairs, and getting in and out of chairs, then you should consult a knee replacement doctor because maybe, you need a knee replacement surgery to get over this problem. In this way, you can give yourself the new chance to join the day to day challenging activities which include the function of the knees like cycling, swimming, running, and more. How amazing is it sounding? Also, want to know the best knee replacement hospital in India then reach out to our contact us page and drop us a query and our experts will be helping you out to the fullest.
More Information about Knee Replacement Surgery
Why Patients Are Crazy About India When It Comes To Knee Replacement Surgery?
- In comparison with many developed nations of the world, India’s terms of its medical facilities in the private sector is quite sound. India boasts of many excellent hospitals and renowned doctors that are very well experienced and have a history of many successful surgeries and happy and cured patients. Also when it comes to the total cost of the surgery in India is proves to be quite nominal as compared to the developed countries like Russia, USA, Singapore, Dubai, etc. because the Indian currency stands weaker in comparison to these countries and hence the overall expense does not feel like a burden to the patients for the great medical facilities that India has to provide as compared to the expenses in their own countries.
Can I Get The Rough Estimate Of The Knee Replacement Surgery In India?
- The people who want to get a rough estimate of knee surgery in India must know that it costs starts @ USD 4000+ and extends up to USD 6000+. However, this cost is for the single knee, and if you want to treat both the knees, you need to shed around USD 8400+ to USD 12000+. This expense is subject to change because the cost we have mentioned here covers a patent and the two attendees traveling with him or her.
- However, if you will, or your patient would visit India for the knee replacement surgery, you will get a massive discount in knee replacement cost in India, and your overall treatment cost would automatically reduce up to 30%. So, are you wondering what is the expense of revision knee replacement then you must know that the overall cost would be increased up to 20% to 40% (according to the case studies and facts by the doctors)? It is because the removal and dressing of the previous implant are also considered.
What Are Days Required For A Patient To Stay In A Hospital For A Knee Surgery?
Expect to stay around 20+ days for your knee replacement abscission.
Cost-Effective Factors In India Regarding The Knee Replacement Surgery:
- The hospital that the patient is opting for as there are several hospitals in many metro cities in India that offer this surgery. The more facilitated and top-notch hospital, the patient selects the cost will also go on a higher side.
- Rooms – Standard, deluxe, super-deluxe for the number of nights will increase the rates accordingly.
- Operating room, the requirement of ICU observation.
- Fee for the team of doctors that include Surgeons, Anaesthetist, Physiotherapist, Dietician. This fee varies for different hospitals.
- Physiotherapy Sessions.
- Standard test and Diagnostic procedure.
- Counts on upon the treatment option.
- Single knee / both knees.
- The implant is used, US FDA approved, or Indian implant.
Unlock The Comprehensive Treatment Procedure Concerning Knee Replacement
Medical Tests Before The Surgery
- This includes the complete physical examination of the patient. The medical diagnostic tests include X-Ray and MRI scan of the knee. Also, several blood tests are required to be done before the procedure. The medical history of the patient will also be taken into account for cases such as hemophilia, blood pressure, diabetes, thyroid, pregnancy-related complications, etc. Also, the doctors need to be informed about any current medication that the patient is taking, and he or she is allergic to any drug.
- You may not find this information useful if you are a chain smoker, but if you consult a rheumatologist, he will also tell you that you need to stop smoking prior to 2-3 months when you intend to go for knee surgery.
Knee Replacement Surgery In India
( Indian Rupees Approx. 2,73,000 )
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total days in India
Main Procedure of Treatment
Knee replacement surgery usually lasts up to 2 – 3 hours.
- An intravenous (IV) line is started in the arms, and a urinary catheter is inserted
- The skin over the surgical site will be cleaned with an anti-infection solution.
- An incision is made in the knee area of about 6 – 8 inches for the surgical procedure.
- The surgeon will then remove the damaged surfaces of the knee joint and replace the knee joint with the prosthesis.
- The knee prosthesis used can be made of metal and plastic.
- The prosthesis is mostly comprised of 3 components
- The tibial component,
- The femoral component and
- The patellar component.
- The incision will be closed with stitches, or surgical staples & a drain will be placed in the incision site to remove the fluid.
- A sterile bandage or dressing is applied over the incision after the operation.
What Is The Procedure Carried Out For The Post Knee Replacement Surgery?
After the surgical procedure, the patient is kept under observation in the recovery room for a few hours. Once the surgery is done, your surgeon may use a continuous passive motion (CPM) machine to improve the early motion. It is used during the hospital stay for a further four days and can go on for another three weeks. The estimated recovery time of the surgery is approximately 12 months, but it may vary from person to person depending upon their age and overall health.
Get To Discover About The Rate of Successful In India When It Comes To Knee Replacement Surgery
- The success rate of the knee replacement surgical procedure in India is almost close to 100%. There are very few cases recorded that posed complications post the surgery, but none of the complications was prolonged. The recovery time might have extended, but every patient gets back to his or her routine life in a span of 12 weeks to 6 months.
- Approximately 85% of artificial knees implanted are in working mode even after 20 years of the surgery. In the majority of cases, the old age people between 50 and 80 years of age undergoing this surgery have recovered completely and bounced back to leading a healthy life and have relieved themselves from the chronic knee pain.
How many days do I have to stay at the hospital for my knee replacement in India?
- Frankly, a bilateral knee replacement could be performed out in single sitting or two separate sittings. However, the actual days in which you have to stay at the hospital depends upon the type of surgery, patient health, and condition of the knee. According to the staged procedure, both knee replacement surgeries are carried out as two distinct surgery events several months apart. In that case, a patient needs to stay under the hospital supervision twice and have to go through rehabilitation after each surgery. So, the actual days required to do the surgery or replacement of the knee and knee replacement cost in India fluctuates, and vice versa increases.
Symptoms for Finding Knee Replacement:
- Age and Gender Aren’t criteria retained into account if someone is Opting to get a knee replacement. Generally, the sole reason for operative replacement is based upon the level of severity and disability. It’s mostly suggested for elderly folks, but adults or teens might experience knee replacement when there’s excessive wear tear from the knee joint.This operation is suggested mostly when a person suffers from:
- Severe knee pain and stiffness
- Continuous Pain
- Persistent knee Swelling and inflammation
- Chronic Knee deformity
- Failure of Medical Remedies
Treatment Process for Knee Replacement:
The crucial sign for knee arthroplasty is to give relief from pain brought on by arthritis. There are two types of knee replacement operation which are performed, they are:
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
Throughout the Knee Replacement process:
- An intravenous (IV) line may be started in your arm or hands along with a urinary catheter is inserted.
- The skin over the surgical site will be cleansed with an antiseptic solution.
- An incision is made from the knee region.
- The surgeon will then remove the damaged portions of the knee joint and then resurface the knee joint with the prosthesis.
- The knee prosthesis consists of plastic and metal. The most frequent sort of knee prosthesis is a cemented prosthesis.
- The prosthesis is chiefly comprised of 3 elements: the ventral part (to resurface the cover of the tibia or shin bone), the anterior [thigh bone] part (to resurface the end of the thighbone and the patellar component (to resurface the base of the kneecap that rubs against the thighbone).
- The incision is going to probably be closed with stitches or surgical staples and a drain can be placed in the incision site to remove the fluid.
- A sterile dressing or bandage will be applied.
Following the Knee recovery process:
- Following the operation, the patient is retained in the recovery area for a couple of hours. The patient is going to be hospitalized for 4-6 days. Largely individuals recover within 12 weeks following the operation, but the healing period will differ based upon the age and general health.
- When the surgical component is completed, your knee joint replacement surgeon can use a continuous passive motion (CPM) system to enhance the early movement. It’s used throughout the hospital stay and might go around for 3 months after surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: In what circumstances a person goes for knee replacement surgery?
A: First, you need to go to the concerned specialist of the knee, and he will tell you that whether you need replacement surgical treatment or not because most of the problems in the knees are easily treated without undergoing surgery.
Q: Will scar appear on my body? And for how long would it be visible?
A: A 6 to 8 inches long scar may be visible, and one could see the scar present on the centre of the knee.
Q: What is this famous phrase “SIX WEEKS BLUE” often heard in the knee replacement treatment?
A: It is the state when the knee patient feels the state of depression and frustration after the 5-6 month of the knee surgery. Such a feeling is normal because of the emotional state you experience during the surgery. This 5 to 6 phase is what people often called six-week blues.
Q: For how long do you need to wear the badge after knee surgery?
A: You will require to wear the bandage for about 7 to 9 days or till the time your wound gets completely recovered. You need to visit the Doctor and ask them to change the bandage on the regular basis to minimize the risk of the infection.
Q: Can you tell a few flawless knee positions, and what are the positions we should avoid?
A: Straightening the knee is suggested, and knee bending is also preferred on a frequent basis. you could put a towel underneath your ankle while you lay down. Also, sitting on the chair or exercise bicycle is suggested.
Q: What are the activities a person should take doge when he undergoes the replacement of the knee?
A: All the pressure putting activities on the knee is prohibited after the knee replacement for some duration including trekking, hiking, running, and other such. Type of activities, including sports too.
Q: Can I utilize the stairs after my knee replacement surgery?
A: Surely, it’s a YES! However, in your initial days, you need to start with your non-operated leg when taking stairs for the up and follow with the operated leg when going downstairs. Once your legs get strengthened after 1 to 2 months, you can use stairs like every other person.
Q: Is there any duration of the lasting of the knee replacement?
A: Well, it depends on the patient and the type of treatment he gets. Because in normal cases, it functions well up to 10 to 15 years post-operation.
Q: What is the reason behind the failure of knee replacement surgery?
A: According to the specialists, it is due to when the artificial surface loosen up.
So, now you know about the significant details of knee replacement surgery in India, including costs, types, reasons and factors. If you are locating who are the top and certified knee replacement surgeons in India and the hospitals, case studies, and the testimonial of the patients concerned with the knee surgeries hospitals in India, you could tell us and see yourself on our website.
Q:Which brand of knee replacement is best?
- Zimmer Persona Knee— An updated total knee design, based on the patella-femoral designs from Zimmer that have decades of clinical history.
- Gender Solutions Natural-Knee Flex— Different design for men and women, allowing for PCL-retaining and PCL-sacrificing solutions.
Q: What is the best age for knee replacement surgery?
Q: What can you not do after knee replacement?
- Running and jogging: These activities stress your knees and can cause pain.
- Weight training: Heavy lifting, especially during squats and similar exercises, puts pressure on your joints.
Q: How long does it take for a knee replacement to feel normal?
Q: How long does it take for nerves to heal after knee replacement?
Top Doctors for Knee Replacement Surgery In India
Top Hospitals for Knee Replacement Surgery In India