- A cochlear implant is an electronic medical device that does the work of damaged parts of the inner ear (cochlea) to provide sound signals to the brain by bypassing damaged portions of the ear and directly stimulating the auditory nerve.
Tests and Analysis for Cochlear Implantation
- Hearing evaluations like an audiogram, a graph that illustrates the way you react to certain noises
- A hearing aids evaluation
- CT or MRI scans to look at the internal ear and hearing guts.
Cochlear Implantation Cost in India
( Indian Rupees approx. 11,16,000 )
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total days in India
Prior to the Procedure:
- An exam of your external, middle, and inner ear to check for infections or other pathology
- Hearing aid evaluation
- CT or MRI scans to check the inner ear and Auditory nerve.
- General exam and present and past medical history to check fitness
- Psychological exam to check inclination for rehabilitation
Throughout the Procedure:
- The process takes 2.5 to 3 hours is performed under General anesthesia.
- The cochlear implant is put in its posterior location below the muscle and skin and ensured
- A tiny opening is created from the cochlea (cochleostomy). The electrode is placed into the cochlea through the cochleostomy. Complete insertion is usually accomplished.
Following the Procedure:
- The individual won’t be able to hear right after the process
- Though the inner elements are put, the surgical website should cure before the external apparatus is put.
- Following four to six months that the individual called to the fitting of these external elements of the augmentation; triggering and programming of this augmentation
- A cochlear implant is a lifelong commitment, the individual has to come back to the center for routine follow-ups, yearly check-ups
- Recipients should undergo a rehab program.
Risks involved in Cochlear Implantation
- Nerve harm
- Dizziness or equilibrium issues
- reduction of this hearing you’ve left
- Leaks of this fluid around the brain
- The apparatus does not operate or has infected, which might indicate you are going to need to remove and replace the implant.
Factors affecting the price of Cochlear Implantation
The price of the treatment is dependent upon a variety of factors like:
- At the clinic, the individual selects
- The fee to the team of doctors
- Regular evaluation and diagnostic processes
- Price of the follow-up and rehab required after the process
- Price of the device
Almasiha Healthcare offers the best Cerebral Angioplasty Cost in India at an affordable price for international patients coming to India under the supervision of the most trained doctors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the parts of the ear?
A: The ear is composed of three Chief components:
- Outer ear – grabs the waves and moves it into mid-ear
- Middle ear — in the middle ear noise waves have been moved into the internal ear
- Inner ear (cochlea) — transfers to sound signals which our brain can comprehend
Q: What are the various kinds of auditory apparatus?
A: Below are various kinds of Auditory Apparatus:
- Cochlear implants & cochlear implant technology
- Bone conduction implants
- Electro-acoustic implants
- Smart Bimodal Solution
- Hearing aids
Q: What is a hearing aid?
A: Which you wear in or on your ear. It aids in amplifying the sounds so making them more glowing. It contains three primary components: a microphone, amplifier, and speaker.
Q: What’s the distinction between the hearing aid and Cochlear implant?
A: Replaces the operation of the damaged inner ear to present sound signals to the mind. Hearing aids create noises louder or amplify the noise
Q: When is the cochlear implant required?
A: Cochlear implant is required when there is sensory neural hearing loss that is due to damage of hair cells in the inner ear (cochlea), a cochlear implant provides the sense of sound by stimulating the auditory nerve directly bypassing the damaged hair cells
Q: Is a cochlear implant better than a hearing aid?
Q: Can a cochlear implant be hidden?
Q: Can you sleep with cochlear implant?
Q: Is wearing a hearing aid a disability?
Q: Do cochlear implants need batteries?
Q: How many years do cochlear implants last? or Will there ever need to be a replacement?
A: The surgically implanted device is meant to last a lifetime. However, there have been some cases in which there has been equipment failure and the device was surgically replaced.
Q: What are the benefits of a rectal implant over hearing aids?
A: Hearing is better using a cochlear implant compared to the hearing aid.
- Can concentrate better if in noisy surroundings
- Talk and hear on the telephone
Q: What factors can affect the prognosis of a cochlear implant?
A: The advantage of cochlear implants is frequently individualistically based upon:
- How intense was that the hearing reduction
- Duration of hearing loss before augmentation
- Other related medical illness
- Better prognosis is noticed while the era of this child is born or young deaf as aids in address development and speech development.
Q: When should cochlear implants be used for children?
A: Children as young as 14 months old have obtained Cochlear implants with great success rates.
Cochlear implant effective in these children who:
- Have profound hearing loss in both ears
- Have had limited benefit from hearing aids
- Are medically fit for surgery
- Take an active part in rehabilitation after surgery
Q: How can Audiologists assist in the Implantation procedure?
A: Audiologists are included in discovering the Candidate for implantation, sparking, and programming of the language chip after an operation in addition to helping in rehab.
Q: What’s the length of the cochlear implant operation?
A: Cochlear Implant surgery usually takes from 3 to 4 hours.
Q: Can cochlear implants heal deafness?
A: Cochlear implant Don’t cure deafness or hearing loss Handicap, but is a replacement that directly stimulates the cochlea and provides awareness of sound to an individual who has acute hearing loss.
Q: Would we hear instantly after the cochlear implant operation?
A: No the individual can’t hear immediately after operation Even though the internal elements are put, the surgical website should cure before the external apparatus is set.
Approximately 4-6 months following surgery, the individual returns to the Centre to be matched together with the outside components –both the microphone and speech processor–and also to trigger and program the augmentation.
Q: What are main components of cochlear implant ?
A: A cochlear implant has two main components:
The external Component that hooks over the ear
- Microphone- it picks up sound from the environment
- Speech processor-selects and arranges the sound picked up by the microphone
- Transmitter- which receives signals from the speech processor and converts them into electric impulses.
An internal component that is surgically implanted
- Receiver- The receiver collects the signals from the transmitter and converts them to electrical pulses and dispatches them to the electrodes
- Electrode arrays.- This is a group of electrodes that collects the impulses and sends them to the auditory nerve.
Top Doctors for Cochlear Implantation Cost in India
Top Hospitals for Cochlear Implantation Cost in India