- A hole in the wall between the two upper collecting chambers (ASD) or involving both main pumping chambers (VSD) may cause difficulties.
- The severity of the symptoms depends upon the size and the location of the flaw and may vary from no symptoms whatsoever to acute heart failure. Heart failure at a baby ends in bad feedings and inadequate weight gain.
- Based upon their size and place, septal defects may shut by themselves. The cardiologist will probably wait sometime before recommending surgical therapy to find out whether this occurs naturally.
- In instances involving bigger holes and acute symptoms, yet, treatment with surgery or catheter finishing with a device is going to be necessary.
- The surgical treatment for ASDs and VSDs is an open-heart operation. The heart is opened and stopped, and the pit is closed with a patch Made from a synthetic substance like Dacron or even a patch of the pericardium (the Thick sac that surrounds the center). Complications are minimal and the stay in the hospital is around 5 days.
Closure of defects like ASD VSD Cost in India
( India Rupees Approx. 3,45,000 )
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total days in India
Risks or Complications may involved in the Procedure
- Infection and
- Displacement of the blocking device from where it was placed
- Transient Arrhythmia
- Allergic reaction to the device
- Clot formation
- The long-term prognosis of ASD closure is good and generally, no extra surgery or catheterization is required, but routine observation with tests such as echocardiography, ECG, pressure test, etc is vital.
Factors Affecting the Heart Healing Surgery Cost in India
The ASD- VSD Closure surgery Cost in India depends on a variety of factors like:
- The hospital, the patient chooses
- Type of room and number of days hospitalized
- Fee for the team of doctors and OT charges
- Cost of medications
- Standard test and diagnostic procedures.
- Cost of the procedure opted surgical or transcatheter approach
- Cost of the follow – up care required after the procedure VSD
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are the types of Atrial Septal Defects?
A: There are different types of ASD defects:
- Ostiumsecundum atrial septal defect- It is the most common type of ASD.
- Ostiumprimum atrial septal defect.
- Sinus venosus atrial septal defect.
- Coronary sinus atrial septal defect.
Q: What are the causes of ASD?
A: There is not any obvious reason behind ASD through Genetic defects may play a part.
Q: What is the normal size of VSD?
Q: What are the long-term complications of Atrial Septal Defect?
A: Patients who have significant ASD Often experience complications like:
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Atrial arrhythmia
- Right-sided heart failure
Q: Is Atrial Septal Defect life-threatening?
A: It depends upon:
- Very small flaws of (less than 5 millimeters or 1/4 inch) are far not as likely to cause difficulties.
- Larger flaws can cause moderate to life-threatening issues such as Right-sided heart failure, stroke, etc.
Q: When can the catheter technique not be used in the treatment of ASD?
A: Open Operation Ought to Be Favored in Therapy when:
- The size of the ASD is big or place uncommon.
- Or if there are additional related heart defects.
Q: What is considered a large ASD?
Q: Does ASD close by itself?
Q: What is expected cost of ASD in india and its succes rate?
A: Between USD 4900 to USD 5500
Top Doctors for Closure of defects like ASD VSD Cost in India
Top Hospitals for Closure of defects like ASD VSD Cost in India