- The estimated cost of Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery in India is approximately USD 6500.
- The cost of care varies from case to case and a specialist examination is recommended to assess the appropriate treatment procedure/approach. The cost & quality of care, including the treatment process, the room category, and many other factors, are also influenced by several external factors.
More about Cervical Disc Replacement in India
- Cervical disc replacement is a surgical operation that is done to replace an artificial disc with an ill or affected cervical disc. This is achieved without hampering the spinal disc’s successful range of motion.
- One of the leading reasons why an alarming number of foreign patients choose to come to the country for this operation is the low cost of cervical disc replacement in India. It is estimated that a medical tourist usually saves more than 70 percent of their money by choosing India over any other country.
The need for Cervical Disc Replacement
- A surgical technique used to remove the degenerated disc and replace it with an artificial disc is cervical disc replacement. The procedure is done to alleviate the symptoms caused by the narrowing of the vertebrae or the increased pressure of the cervical disc on the spinal cord. The signs can include spinal cord numbness, weakness, and pain.
- From the degenerated disc itself, the pain may develop. It may also occur from other structures which may become overloaded due to narrowing or degeneration of the cervical disc, such as small joints (facet joints) present at the back of the spine.
- The narrowing of the cervical disc continues slowly, leading to the sinking of the lower vertebrae. This puts more strain on the joints of the facet, which may ultimately pinch the root of the nerve. This can give rise to leg pain and other associated symptoms.
- Disc replacement surgery is a cure to discomfort related to disc degeneration, but only if any non-surgical treatment is not undertaken by the patient. In place of the degenerated disc, the artificial disc is implanted and it mimics the behavior of a natural and healthy disc.
- This helps preserve the cervical disc’s natural movement. It also helps to reduce tension on other areas of the spine, such as the root of the nerve.
Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery In India
Starting USD 6500
(Indian Rupees Approx. 4,55,000)
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total days in India
Causes of Cervical Disc Degeneration
The degeneration of the cervical disc normally results in the following symptoms:
- Pain in the neck
- Stiffness of the Collar
- Radiating pain in your arms or shoulders
- Weakness in the shoulders or arms
- Numbness inside the arms
- Inflammation or muscle spasm can lead to severe neck pain when a disc is weakened or degenerated due to arthritis or another cause. In extreme cases, the strain on the cervical nerve roots may result in pain and numbness in the arms.
Risks associated with the Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery
Cervical disc replacement surgery is associated with the following risks:
- Bleeding and being sick
- Artificial disc folding, splitting, loosening, or movement
- Injury to nerves that can lead to paralysis
- Changes in the patient’s speech
- Spinal fluid leakage
- Breathing or swallowing problems
- Stroke in rare cases
Frequently Asked Questions
Q:What are the signs of a slip-on disc?
A: The signs of a slipped disc as below:
- Pressure on one side of the body and numbness.
- Walking a short distance causes pain
- Muscle weakness
- Pain that spreads to your arms or legs
- Pain that worsens in the evening or with certain activities such as sitting or standing
- Feelings of burning, aching, or tingling in the affected area.
Q: What allows discs to slip?
The causes of slipped discs as below:
- The outer ring becomes weak or broken which makes it possible for the inner component to fall out.
- Uh, age.
- Some gestures, such as twisting or turning to raise an object.
- Lifting an object which is very large.
- Physically difficult work that requires a lot of lifting.
- Being overweight.
- Muscles that are weak
- A sedentary way of life.
Q: How are they diagnosed with slipped discs?
A: The physical test with the doctor will be carried out first. It will be tested for nerve function and muscle strength. When moving or touching the affected area, the doctor will also check if you feel pain. They would then conduct imaging scans afterward. It will help the doctor see the spine of the patient’s bones and muscles. It can also recognize any areas that are affected. Few of the scans for imagery include:
- Scans by CT
- Scans by MRI
- The Discograms
The doctor will combine all the details required to decide what causes the patient’s pain, weakness, or discomfort.
Q: What is the success rate of cervical disc replacement?
Q: Is disc replacement better than fusion?
Q:What can you not do after cervical disc replacement?
Activity Restrictions After Cervical Artificial Disc Replacement Surgery
- Excessive neck movements.
- Heavy lifting.
- Baths or other water submersion.
- Running or other vigorous activities.
Q:How should I sleep after cervical disc replacement?
A pillow placed behind the body and tucked under the back and hips can help you from rolling out of this position. When sleeping on your back, avoid sleeping with your arms over your head because this puts too much stress on your shoulders and neck.
Q: How long is recovery after cervical disc replacement?
Q: What is the best pillow to use after neck surgery?
- Pancake Pillow Adjustable Layer Pillow.
- Core Products Double Core Select Foam Cervical Support Pillow.
- Therapeutica Orthopedic Sleeping Pillow.
- Mediflow Water Pillow.
- Chiroflow Waterbase Pillow.
- Sachi Organics Buckwheat Cylinder Neck Pillow.
Q: Do you need physical therapy after neck surgery?
Q: How much pain is there after neck surgery?
Q: Why does my chest hurt after neck surgery?
Q: Is cervical fusion major surgery?
Top Doctors for Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery In India
Top Hospitals for Cervical Disc Replacement Surgery In India