- The cost of Bariatric Surgery in India ranges between USD 6400 to USD 7800 for Gastric Bypass Surgery and USD 5400 to USD 6800 for Sleeve Gastrectomy.
- Based on the calculation of BMI, the doctor decides whether the patient is fit for the Bariatric Surgery or not.
- Hospital stay is of approximately 2 days and 5 days outside the hospital.
- Tests required before the surgery are Gallbladder Ultrasound, Pulmonary Function Test, Echocardiogram, GI Evaluation, Cardiology Evaluation, Psychiatric Evaluation, and Sleep Studies.
Symptoms of Obesity
- There’s a substantial gap between being overweight or obese. The BMI range 18.5-25 is regarded as perfect but should you drop in BMI range between 25 to 35 then you’re too heavy and if you don’t take appropriate corrective steps you may enter the fat group very soon. Someone who has BMI over 35 is regarded as obese and immediate medical care is required to control the weight problems.
Symptoms indicating the need for Bariatric Surgery for Weight Loss:
- BMI greater than 35 and raising
- Unable to restrain your increasing weight
- Possessing obesity-related ailments like cardiovascular disease, diabetes mellitus, hypertension or severe sleep apnea
- Unable to control hunger
- Metabolic Actions have got Changed due to obesity
Medical Tests / Diagnosis for Weight loss surgery
Some evaluations are expected to determine the achievement of Bariatric Surgeries. The Essential tests are:
- A Comprehensive Blood Count
- Urinalysis and a Chemistry Panel
- Chest X-Ray and Electrocardiogram
Some Surgeons can also ask you to get the following Evaluations on the basis of your history:
- Gallbladder Ultrasound to look for gallstones
- Pulmonary Function Test
- GI Evaluation
- Cardiology Evaluation
- Psychiatric Evaluation
- Sleep Studies
Bariatric Surgery for Weight loss Cost in India
( Indian Rupees approx. 4,89,000 )
No. of Travellers
Days in Hospital
Days Outside Hospital
Total days in India
Bariatric Surgical Processes can be separated into four Components:
- Gastric Bypass: That can also be known as Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. The process is performed in 2 parts. To start with, a small stomach pouch roughly of a once is produced by dividing the remaining part of the gut then, the top section of the small intestine is split as well as the base end of this broken intestine is linked to the newly created stomach pouch.
- What’s more, the upper part of the broken intestine is connected to the remaining small intestine so the stomach acids and the digestive enzymes may combine with all the food of the bypassed stomach.
- The new stomach is smaller in the size and therefore the capability to eat reduces appreciably. The patient will feel fuller after swallowing smaller amounts of food. The calorie consumption of the patients decreases substantially aiding the weight reduction.
- Sleeve Gastrostomy: within this procedure, the significant part of the gut is eliminated giving it a form of noodle in the form of a banana. The stomach can hold just tiny portions of meals and therefore the capability to eat reduces.
- The operation has a fantastic influence on the gut tissues affecting a range of factors such as decreased hunger, blood glucose control, and a sense of satiety. It’s extremely effective for diabetic sufferers.
- Adjustable Gastric Band: within this process, a bronchial gastric ring is set on top of the gut separating it in the rest of the part producing a smaller tummy. This is a flexible and reversible process and the development of a smaller gut contributes to less consumption of meals.
- The group restricts the total amount of food that may be eaten resulting in significant weight reduction. This really is a laparoscopic procedure and the ring can be adjusted from out later on according to the requirement sensed by the health care provider. The process is non-invasive and fast. It reduces appetite to a fantastic extent.
- The Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch: This Process is a Mixture of Gastric Bypass and Sleeve Gastrectomy. Within this process first, a barbell is produced by cutting the significant part of the gut and a huge part of the small intestine is bypassed.
- This leads to decreased consumption of meals and bypassing the substantial part of the small intestine results in less consumption of carbs helping fat loss.
After the Procedure/ Treatment
- Bariatric Surgeries can be finished quickly and don’t need extended periods of hospitalization. Based on the type of surgery done, you’ll be discharged within 1-4 days. The individual can contact their regular routine following a break of a couple of weeks at home. Together with a fantastic diet plan and workout regimen that the patients may lose a good deal of fat to get healthy. Bariatric Surgeries are relatively safer compared to other surgical processes and thus the odds of complications aren’t many. You are going to feel more energetic and match after the operations even after swallowing fewer amounts of food.
Factors responsible for Bariatric Surgery Cost in India
- The bariatric surgery cost in India is based upon the type of operation done i.e., USD 6400 into USD 7800 for Gastric Bypass operation and USD 5400 into USD 6800 to get Sleeve Gastrectomy. A number of the additional variables may affect your price, including:
- The Kind of hospital you opt fo
- Room –Standard single room, deluxe room, superb dining room for the number of nights defined (such as nursing charge, meals, room rate, and room service).
- Running Space, ICU
- The fee to the group of physicians (Surgeons, Anesthetist, Physiotherapist, Dietician)
- Regular evaluation and diagnostic processes
- Sort of Cosmetic Surgery Performed:
- Gastric Bypass
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Adjustable Gastric Band
- The Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What percentage of bariatric patients regain weight?
Q: Can your stomach go back to normal after gastric sleeve?
Top Doctors for Bariatric Surgery for Weight loss Cost in India
Top Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery for Weight loss Cost in India